Healthy Habits for Women: Finding the Time
Do you wish you lived a healthier lifestyle?
Are your intentions good but in the busy-ness of life your desire to live a healthy lifestyle seems out of grasp?
I get it. I’ve been there.
However, I’ve discovered how to make a healthy lifestyle work despite my life feeling similar to a hamster running rampant on its wheel.
It is totally possible to make a healthier lifestyle a priority when you don’t have much time to spare. It’s all about finding where you can easily swap one habit for a healthier option.
You have the time. You just need to know how to use it.
Healthy Habits for Women: Make a Routine
First, Plan Your Routine.
If you’re not a routine type of person, I urge you to give it a try.
Your entire life doesn’t need to have a routine, but a morning routine and an evening routine can be a game changer when it comes to living a healthier lifestyle.
Decide what’s important to include in each routine for the best use of your time.
Morning Routine for a Healthier Lifestyle
For me, my morning routine looks like spending time with Jesus, drinking at least 20 oz of water with breakfast, and eating a healthy breakfast.
- My time spent praying and reading the Bible helps me to feel at peace and beat any anxiety I’m facing that day. It helps remind me to put my focus on others and not myself because God calls us to serve others. It gives me time to talk to God and give my worries to Him. It reminds me that I don’t have to live life alone and God is with me through every difficulty I face each day.
- Drinking water helps re-hydrate my body after not drinking any water for 7-8 hours overnight. It helps boost my energy and wards off headaches.
- Eating breakfast fuels my morning and gives me the energy I need to teach 20 third graders. It gets my metabolism going after going without fuel throughout the night.
If I didn’t make these things a priority, my morning would be rushed, chaotic, hangry, tired, and stressed.
Having a morning routine helps set the tone for the day and gets your day started on the right track.
If you have kids, doing these things may be difficult. I suggest setting your alarm for 30 minutes to an hour before your kids wake up. That way you can still have your own personal morning routine before helping them with theirs. It’s important you have time to fill your cup each morning so you’re in the right head space to serve others.
If you need to go to bed earlier each night so you’re able to wake up earlier without feeling exhausted, aim to do so. Every night won’t be perfect but sleep is very important when it comes to living healthily. Do the best you can.
Evening Routine for a Healthier Lifestyle
In the evening, I workout 3-4 times per week, make a healthy dinner for my husband and I, pack my lunch, and set out my work clothes for the next day.
I also strive to get outside and get some type of fresh air and activity in, especially if I didn’t workout at the gym or with a youtube workout in my living room that evening.
Health isn’t just eating your veggies and getting exercise. It also includes your mental health and peace of mind.
- By preparing for the next day, you can go to sleep feeling at ease and ready for the next day.
- You won’t be rushed in the morning which will leave you more time for your morning routine.
- Exercise in the evening helps relieve stress and is great for your body to get your heart rate up and grow your muscles. The more muscle mass you have the higher your metabolism will be throughout the day. If you have kids, include them in your workout! You can go for a nice long walk together, ride bikes, do a workout video together, etc. I used to exercise with my mom all the time as a child. It was great for bonding together and staying healthy! Exercise can be fun, too. Find what you really enjoy and you won’t dread it. Plus, the more you exercise the easier it will become.
- Fresh air is great for mental clarity. Honestly, I always feel 10X better after a solid walk outside, especially if I can walk in nature and get away from the hustle and bustle going on around me.
- Packing your lunch the night before ensures you’ll have a healthy meal for mid day energy the following day. You also can avoid wasting money on take out food if you forget your lunch.
Overall, setting routines throughout your day is a game changer when it comes to your health. These routines I have in place work well for me, but may not be what will work well for you. Decide what your priorities are and what routines will help you to accomplish them throughout your day.
Healthy Habits for Women: Make Your Healthy Lifestyle Doable
The most important tip you need to know is your healthier lifestyle has to be doable.
If you’ve never set in place a routine in your day, made exercise a priority, or don’t know how to eat healthy, start small. You’re not expected to change your lifestyle overnight.
Start with one new lifestyle change, such as aiming to cook one healthy meal per day, and go from there.
Over time, you can implement more healthy lifestyle habits and it won’t feel as overwhelming because it all won’t be brand new to you.
You have the ability to change your lifestyle for the better.
- Set a Routine and Decide What’s Most Important for your Healthier Lifestyle
- Make a list of all the healthy habits you want to incorporate in your life and implement 1-2 at a time until they are all routine and normal for you.
- Remember you don’t have to be perfect! You may fall out of routine from time to time and that’s totally okay. Just don’t give up!
That’s a Wrap on these Healthy Habits for Women!
Okay friends, that about sums up how I made a healthy lifestyle work as a busy, full-time working wife and how you can start living a healthier lifestyle as well. I hope these tips were helpful and encouraging for you. Let me know if you have any questions below, I’d love to help you out in whatever way I can.
Let’s get social! Follow me on YouTube & Instagram & Facebook
If you liked this post, would you please take 10 seconds or less to share it? Blogs are built one small share at a time, so your share means a lot and contributes to the growth of Write Your Story.
Thank you so much for your support!
Ways to share: -Pin It! (using one of the images at the top or bottom of this post)
-Share to Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, or the platform of your choice using the share buttons below! Thank you!